Effective Date: January 29, 2021; Last Updated: April 12, 2021
Quizlrn is committed to respecting your privacy and will ensure the personal information you provide will be protected and processed following all applicable data protection laws.
Quizlrn operates a website, www.Quizlrn.com, also called a platform, which is engaged in online tutoring to users and is an operator of a digital content marketplace of technology information.
Personal information we may collect
• Your contact and payments details, including full name, gender, email address, bank details, postal address, telephone, and mobile numbers when using our quiz platform and purchasing our quiz services
• Details about your computer, your IP address, browser type, and browsing activity while on our website
• Your marketing preferences
• Information you provide in any communication when you participate in any blog or forum on our website
• Your login data and similar security information used for authentication and account access
• Any additional information you may provide to Quizlrn from time to time if you contact us by email, letter, or telephone, through the Quizlrn website, or by any other means.
Why we use your personal information
• To provide our quiz platform and services
• Manage our relationship with you that may include notifying you about changes to the Quizlrn platform or services
• Validating your identity when you sign in to a secure area of our website
• Asking you to leave a review on our platform and services
• Administering quizzes, tests, or assessments you complete
• Offer you the ability to use interactive features of our service whenever you decide to do so
• Communicate with you and manage your participation in Quizlrn promotions, offers, surveys, and market research
• Reply to queries from you and other third parties, including inquiries from law enforcement agencies following applicable law
• Measure or understand the usefulness of the advertisements we may provide to you
• Abide by all required legal obligations, relevant industry standards, and contractual responsibilities, and
• Allow Quizlrn to establish, exercise, or defend our lawful rights and legal claims.
How we collect your personal information
• When you communicate with Quizlrn through our websites, including completing forms
• When you purchase our quiz services
• When you communicate with Quizlrn by email, phone, post, and mail
• If you register an account for access to a Quizlrn secure area
• When you take a Quizlrn quiz, test, or assessment
• When you sign up for Quizlrn publications
• When you provide feedback on our quiz platform and services
• When you communicate with us through our social media channels
• Through our direct marketing campaigns and communications, and
• Information Quizlrn may obtain from external third parties and receive from publicly available sources.
Our basis for processing personal information
Quizlrn will only ever process your personal information where we have a legal basis. The legal bases we rely on are;
• Contract – this is where we will process your information to satisfy a contractual arrangement that we have agreed with you.
• Consent – this is where Quizlrn has requested you to provide your permission to process your data for a particular purpose.
• Legitimate interests – this is where Quizlrn relies on our legitimate interests as a purpose for processing your information, but only if we have a compelling reason and there is minimal impact on your rights and freedoms.
• Legal obligation – this is where Quizlrn has statutory or other legal requirements to process the information to comply with the law.
Who do we share your data with?
Quizlrn may share personal information with third parties for the following purposes:
• Engage with appropriate third parties to support Quizlrn operating our services, including providers of analytics, payment processors, technology services, marketing, advertising, data storage, and hosting.
• Law enforcement agencies and regulators to meet Quizlrn’s legal responsibilities and process requests or orders received from those bodies.
• Courts, legal counsels, or other parties, where Quizlrn is required to do so, and in respect of legal proceedings, claims, and complaints in this context.
• If Quizlrn is sold or combined with another organisation, we may share your information with our advisers or any potential purchaser and their advisers.
Your confidentially is of the highest importance to Quizlrn, we would only sell your personal information where you have provided explicit consent to do so, and it is legal.
You can choose to have your computer or device notify you each time a cookie is to be used, or you can choose to turn off all cookies that are non-essential. You can do this through the settings of your browser. Each browser is different, so look at your browser’s help menu to learn how to modify your cookies. However, if you disable cookies, some features may be disabled and affect your use of our website, and our services may not function as intended.
Do not track (DNT)
For further information concerning “Do Not Track,” please visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
Quizlrn may process your personal information for marketing activities. If you wish to opt-out of such communications in the future, you can do so at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. After opt-out, you will no longer receive any marketing communication from Quizlrn. However, we will continue to have other communications to provide any billing services or support you via other means.
Quizlrn takes data privacy and the protection of your personal information very seriously. We will take all due care and implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is protected.
Quizlrn will implement suitable security measures relevant to the processing and frequently review these to check that they are still satisfactory. However, please note that although Quizlrn takes reasonable steps to protect your information, the transmission of information via the Internet is not fully secure or entirely risk-free.
Quizlrn will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purpose it was collected, which means it will be destroyed when it is no longer needed.
Quizlrn may anonymise your personal information for research or statistical purposes (which means it is no longer associated with you), in which case Quizlrn may use this information indefinitely, without notice.
We want your experience of the Quizlrn website to be the most informative as possible. Quizlrn may provide appropriate links to websites operated by third parties. However, Quizlrn does not have control over these sites, nor do we assume any responsibility.
Subject to your jurisdiction and applicable data protection laws, including the EU GDPR, UK GDPR, PIPEDA, and the Indian IT Act 2000, you have the following data protection rights:
Right to access – you can ask Quizlrn to provide copies of personal information we may hold about you.
Right to rectification – you may request that we correct any inaccuracies identified with your personal information.
Right to erasure – you may request that we delete your personal information, subject to certain conditions.
Right to object – you have the right to object to the processing of your information unless Quizlrn can show we have a compelling reason for continued processing.
Right to restrict processing – you may ask that we restrict the processing of your data, subject to certain circumstances.
Right to withdraw consent – where Quizlrn has explicitly requested and obtained your consent for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent.
Right to data portability – you have the right, in certain situations, to ask Quizlrn to transfer your personal information you have provided to us to another organisation or you.
Right to opt-out of marketing communications – you have the right to request that you opt-out of Quizlrn marketing communications.
Right to complain to a supervisory authority – you have the right to complain to the appropriate supervisory authority where you perceive Quizlrn has infringed your data protection rights or laws.
Rights of California residents – If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that we disclose the personal information we have collected, processed, disclosed, or sold in the past 12 months about you. You have the right to ask that we correct your personal information that you believe is inaccurate and that we delete it (subject to exclusions). You also have the right to opt out of us selling your information.
Quizlrn will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights.
If you wish to make a request to Quizlrn, please see the “Contact us” section for our contact details.
Indian residents – Quizlrn will not transfer personal information outside of India. If this were to change in the future, we would only transfer your personal information outside of India where Quizlrn is satisfied that appropriate levels of protection are provided to protect the integrity and security of your personal information or suitable security measures are followed and in compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
Non-Indian residents – If you are accessing the Quizlrn website from a jurisdiction outside of India, including the UK, European Union, North America, please be aware that your data may be transmitted outside of the jurisdiction you are located in, following the data transfer regime stated for Indian residents.
Changes to this policy
Quizlrn may post changes to this policy on this website when needed, for example, compliance with legislative changes.
We advise that you review this policy frequently to keep abreast of all changes.
If you have any questions about this policy or wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com.